Ph.D. in Social Sciences at the University of Aveiro; Assistant Professor at the Department of Social, Political and Territorial Sciences of the University of Aveiro.Teaches several courses in the fields of territorial innovation systems, planning theory, higher education studies, science and technology policy, and Chinese studies (spatial planning and science and technology in China).Coordinates the Centre for Asian Studies and the MSc in Chinese Studies of the University of Aveiro.
Territorial systems of innovation, focussing particularly on the case of less developed areas; local development policies; the role of discourse and rhetoric in spatial planning and development policy; the role of higher education organisations in regional development; science, technology and innovation policy; local food systems planning; Asian studies (namely China) focussing on spatial planning and development policy and science, technology and innovation.
- 2013 Rodrigues, C.; Melo, A.I. .The Triple Helix Model as inspiration for local development policies: an experience based perspective, International Urban and Regional Research, Volume 37:5, pp. 1675–87
- 2012 Rodrigues, C.; Melo, A.I. , The Triple Helix Model as an Instrument of Local Response to the Economic Crisis, European Planning Studies, Vol. 20, nº 9, 1483-1496.
- 2011 Rodrigues, C., Universities, the Second Academic Revolution and Regional Development: A Tale (Solely) Made of “Techvalleys”?, European Planning Studies, 19: 2, pp. 179-194.
- 2011 Rodrigues, C.; Marques, J.; Castro, E., Clusters: do conceito à prática. Oscasos da Região Centro e do Minho, em Baleiras, R. (ed.), Casos de desenvolvimento regional, APDR- Associação Portuguesa de Desenvolvimento Regional, Principia, Cascais.
- 2009 Santinha, G; Rodrigues, C; Almeida, A. , Rumo a um novo ciclo de apoio comunitário: que impactos na definição de políticas territoriais de desenvolvimento local? O caso do Município de Arouca. Inforgeo, nº 24, pp. 45-66.
- 2006 Rodrigues, C.; Santinha, G.; Santos, R.; Castro, E. . The Role of Higher Education in Less Favoured Regions: Grasping the Paradox in the Portuguese Region of Centro, in Vidickiene, D.; Maciulevičiūte (eds.), ŽiniųVadyba: EuroposRegionųPatirtisirProblemos, NaujosEkonomikosInstitutas, Vilnius, Lithuania.
- 2002 Rosa Pires, A., Rodrigues, C., Castro, E.A. , Universities and Innovation in Regional Strategic Planning Culture: the Need for a Broader Analytical Framework for University-Industry Linkages, in Industry & Higher Education, Vol 16, nº 2, pp. 113-116.
- 2001 Rodrigues, C., Rosa Pires, A., Castro, E.A. , Innovative Universities and Regional Institutional Capacity Building: The Case of Aveiro, Portugal, in Industry & Higher Education, Vol 15, nº 4, pp. 251-255.
- 2000 Rodrigues, C., Rosa Pires, A., Castro, E.A. , Can Innovative Universities Build Up Regional Institutional Capacity? The Case of the University of Aveiro, in Schutte, F. & van der Sijde, P. (eds.), The University and its Region: Examples of Regional Development from the European Consortium of Innovative Universities, Twente University Press, Twente, Holanda.
- 2000 Castro, E.A., Rodrigues, C., Esteves, C., Rosa Pires, A. , The Triple Helix Model as Motor for the Creative Use of Telematics, in Research Policy, 29, p. 193-203.