As of 2017, the IMSDP is being supported by the Flemish Interuniversity Development Aid Programme (VLIR-UOS).
Researchers and practitioners from a VLIR-UOS country1 are welcome to submit their applications for receiving funding to attend the programme. The funding covers return tickets, accommodation and living allowance for all supported participants. A maximum of 12 scholarships will be granted.
When applying, the candidates should include the following attachments:
- A short motivation letter.
- An abstract of their research (1 page).
- A reference letter.
- Proof of English Proficiency:
- IELTS 6.5/TOEFL 575 (paper based – PBT)/TOEFL 233 (computer based – CBT)/ TOEFL 90 (iBT).
- A certificate attesting that previous education (Bachelor’s and/or Master’s) was conducted in English. This certificate should be issued by the University in which the Bachelor’s and/or Master’s was taught.
Please not that candidates who submit TOEFL/IELTS scores will be given preference in the selection procedure.
The deadline for applications is 22nd of November 2019.
Results will be informed on 19th of December 2019.
1 Countries supported by VLIR scholarships:
Africa: Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, DR Congo, Ethiopia, Guinea, Cameroon, Kenya, Madagascar, Mali, Morocco, Mozambique, Rwanda, Senegal, Tanzania, Uganda, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Niger.
Asia: Cambodia, Philippines, Indonesia, Palestinian Territories, Vietnam.
Latin America: Bolivia, Cuba, Ecuador, Guatemala, Haiti, Nicaragua, Peru.